[meta-freescale] Please review the proposal of FSL Yocto layers reorg - updated version on 28-Feb

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Feb 28 04:10:17 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Luo Zhenhua-B19537
<B19537 at freescale.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks a lot for the comments.
>
> I did some update according to the feedback and removed some bits of internal activity. Please review and comment.

>From the update, I think it is much more inline with I believe it'd be
the best way of doing it. Personally I found two things which could be
further discussed:

* meta-fsl-layerscale:

  As Vybrid it could have the BSP part inside meta-fsl-arm and
meta-fsl-ppc; I think the not BSP parts could go to
meta-fsl-networking or similar and keep the BSP part unified. This
would make easier for users and also make it easier for vendors to
make customized BSPs using this as a common base.

* meta-freescale-sdk:

  It is not clear from the description what it would have inside. If
it are going to have poky and all other layers the name is misleading.
freescale-sdk or freescale-yocto-sdk would be better. Could you
clarify it?

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br