[meta-freescale] Please review the proposal of FSL Yocto layers reorg

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Tue Feb 26 13:21:35 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Luo Zhenhua-B19537
<B19537 at freescale.com> wrote:
> Hello Otavio and all,
>
> The FSL Yocto layers reorg proposal is attached, can you please take a look?
> Any comment and suggestion is welcome and appreciated.

1) Don't cross post to internal and external mailing lists.

2) I still don't really see the point in renaming from meta-fsl-ppc ->
meta-fsl-qoriq as well as meta-fsl-arm to meta-fsl-imx. But, I wonder
what others think about this. It seems like unneeded changes that will
just cause confusion. Why not just put vybird in meta-fsl-arm?

3) I think we should delay the creation of some of these layers until
we really have packages that are duplicated between two layers (e.g.
meta-layerscape can wait until we have a recipe that is needed for
both ARM and PPC and is not upstream in another layer)

4) I think we need some more info about the "unifed" layer. I don't
think it needs to exist yet, but maybe others would like to see it.
Personally, I think it can be created automatically much like poky is
now.

-M