[meta-freescale] [meta-freescale ]imx6 sabresd fsl-images-gui error

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Feb 26 04:08:06 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Sandoval Zazueta Francisco-B20593
<B20593 at freescale.com> wrote:
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.4.7/postgresql-8.4.7.tar.bz2,
> attempting MIRRORS if available
>
> ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, output:
> Any ideas of what to do there? I can go to
> 'ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.4.7/postgresql-8.4.7.tar.bz2' and
> get the file no problem within a browser. I tried getting the file and
> manually adding to the “downloads”  folder but it didn’t do the trick.

It is strange you can download the file using a browser and wget
(which bitbake uses internally) fails. Maybe you have to configure
your system to use proxy for ftp or something similar as it might have
been done for the browser and thus work fine for manual download.

>From wget manpage:

ENVIRONMENT
       Wget supports proxies for both HTTP and FTP retrievals.  The standard way
       to specify proxy location, which Wget recognizes, is using the following
       environment variables:

       http_proxy
       https_proxy
           If set, the http_proxy and https_proxy variables should contain the
           URLs of the proxies for HTTP and HTTPS connections respectively.

       ftp_proxy
           This variable should contain the URL of the proxy for FTP
connections.
           It is quite common that http_proxy and ftp_proxy are set to the same
           URL.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br