[meta-freescale] meta-java built but packages not added to root file system

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:11:32 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I intend to add java (openjdk) to my imx6 root file system. I was able
>> to successfully add meta-java layer and build the same, packages were
>> built but were not added to the root file system. I do not know what
>> changes to do. Can any one help?
>
> You need to install the package onto the image or install a package
> which rdepends on it. Otherwise it won't be added to the rootfs.
>
> Check at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL
>
> --

Thanks a lot Otavio!

Adding this line to conf/local.conf did the job:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL = " jamvm openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-common
openjdk-7-demo openjdk-7-doc openjdk-7-java openjdk-7-vm-zero giflib
giflib-utils cups rhino librhino-java classpath classpath-common
classpath-gconf classpath-gtk classpath-tools gmp libgmpxx"

I was trying to build SharkVM instead of ZeroVM, which is default. Failed!
Any inputs from your side on this?

-Pj