[meta-freescale] [for-danny][RFT] Danny bugfixes/improvements from master

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Feb 16 12:46:55 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> wrote:
> Hi Otavio,
>
> Le Sat, 16 Feb 2013 16:41:34 -0200,
> Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> a écrit :
>> Those are all available at 'danny-next' branch and it fixes many
>> issues found since the branching and also does upgrade some BSP
>> packages to 1.1.0.
>>
> please don't remove 12.09.01 recipes in danny : this is a stable
> release so please don't break users' layers which could have bbappend
> on the actual recipes.
> The goal of a release branch is to make a snapshot of what is stable
> at the day of the release and then to get only fixes, not to track
> everything which goes into master.

Part of me agrees with you; part does not.

I agree that the upgrade to 1.1.0 might break some users BSP at same
time the BSP has been upgraded by Freescale due they've fixed known
issues and those might be important to customers. So we have a
dead-lock here :-)

For me, I am fine in picking just the recipes bugfixes and putting
those into danny my bigger concern here is what people really want
from danny branch. So could someone else comment on this?

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br