[meta-freescale] Problems building Yocto for iMX6Qsabrelite

He Zheng totoroghost at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 18:52:37 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I'm trying to build a Yocto project for imx6qsabrelite.

The followings are what I did today.
1. Made a folder for Yocto and downloaded poky, meta-openembedded,
meta-fsl-arm.

zhengh at sdchargers:~/yocto$ ls*downloads  meta-fsl-arm  meta-openembedded  poky*

2.Set machine value in build/conf/local.conf.
MACHINE ?= "imx6qsabrelite"

3. Set bblayers value in build/conf/bblayers.conf.

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /home/zhengh/yocto/poky/meta \
  /home/zhengh/yocto/poky/meta-yocto \
  /home/zhengh/yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  /home/zhengh/yocto/meta-fsl-arm \
  "

4. Build the image.
bitbake -v core-image-minimal

At the end, I got an image which doesn't have a graphic driver :(

The tarball that I want to build even didn't exist in my "downloads" folder.

writable_site_dirs.diff.done
x11_disable_makekeys.patch.done
x86_64_dis.h.done
xcb-proto-1.7.tar.bz2
xcb-proto-1.7.tar.bz2.done
xextproto-7.2.0.tar.bz2
xextproto-7.2.0.tar.bz2.done
xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0.tar.bz2
xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0.tar.bz2.done
XML-Parser-2.41.tar.gz
XML-Parser-2.41.tar.gz.done
xproto-7.0.22.tar.bz2
xproto-7.0.22.tar.bz2.done
xproto_fix_for_x32.patch.done
xsettings.patch.done
xtrans-1.2.6.tar.bz2
xtrans-1.2.6.tar.bz2.done
xz-5.1.1alpha.tar.gz
xz-5.1.1alpha.tar.gz.done
zecke-xgcc-cpp.patch.done

The recipe I specifically want build is "xf86-video-imxfb_11.09.01.bb"
in "yocto/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver"
folder.

*How can I include these graphic recipes (meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics) to
my build?*

A few minutes ago, I just tried to build like following.
"bitbake -v xf86-video-imxfb_11.09.01"

Obviously, it failed with following message.
"ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'xf86-video-imxfb_11.09.01'"

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
He