[meta-freescale] Freescale Linux kernel 3.10.17_1.0.0_beta

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 08:46:53 PST 2013

Testing this now.  Looks like it boots and talks to the network, USB, and serial
ports on Wandboard Dual, but changes might be needed for U-boot to use a zImage
by default, as well as changing the default fdt load address.  I had problems
booting with the DTB using a uImage.

Also, do not use imx_v6_v7_defconfig.  Here, I believe that v6 and v7 refer to
the ARM instruction set.  The new kernel seems to include some v7-specific
instructions in some assembly code (specifically some lpddr2 code).  I'm using
imx_v7_defconfig instead, which actually has more i.MX6-specific options
included by default.

As an side question - is there an issue with defaulting to using zImage instead
of uImage for Yocto/u-boot?

John