[meta-freescale] Warnings building Dora for imx53qsb

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sun Dec 29 21:21:23 PST 2013

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Javier Viguera
<javier.viguera at digi.com> wrote:
> On 26/12/13 13:01, Daiane.Angolini at freescale.com wrote:
>> I would say they are not dangerous. Have you tested the final image?
>
> Yes I have.
>
> Not in an imx53qsb board as i don't have one around here, but booting the
> generated rootfs image in a different mx53-based board works.
>
> So yeah, apparently they are only warnings.
>
> Anyway if anyone knows what those warnings mean, I would love to hear about
> it.

This is to warn same files are being installed by different packages;
even if it is working for you it may cause very hard to debug bugs.

Imagine following case:

A depends on mesa

You build A

B depends on virtual/libgles2

You build B

Now if you installs A and B you may have runtime error as A would have
used mesa headers of openvc instead of AMD ones.

Please report a bug in bugzilla so we can have a look at this issue.

Regarding the abi information this is a healthy information and
important for upgrade path guarantee; it won't break runtime work if
you don't do upgrade using smart, opkg or apt at board.

Please report a bug in bugzilla for this too, so we don't forget and
fix it properly.