[meta-freescale] Qt5 With Yocto Missing Libraries

David Weston dweston at inter-coastal.net
Fri Dec 27 11:28:33 PST 2013

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your efforts - this is a great community.  I have been
reading of successes building iMX6 Qt5 systems using Yocto, but have been
unsuccessful myself.  I could use some pointers based on the details below.
Thanks in advance.

I am attempting to build an image for a imx6qsabrelite platform using Yocto
with the following features/attributes:

1.  Dora
2.  No X11/Wayland - use only eglfs
3.  Qt5 - 5.1.1
4.  OpenGL ES 2
5.  GPU Acceleration

I'm using instructions from the Wandboard guides with the modifications
listed below:

http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard
http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

1.  -b dora switch is used on repo & get commands for both fsl-community-bsp
& meta-qt5 git clone
2.  MACHINE=imx6qsabrelite (also tried with MACHINE=wandboard-quad -- same
result)
3.  No patches applied

Bitbake completes successfully and produces a bootable system, however,
Qt5_CinematicExperience does not run due to missing libraries.  When the
libraries are manually installed (copied from the sysroots folder and
missing links created) to /usr/lib, the program indicates that the platform
type is not available/supported (don't remember the exact message).  The
command is : Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs .

I have some questions:
1.  Is the configuration above supported (i.e. QSabreLite/Qt5/GPU/OpenGL
ES/EGLFS)?
2.  Are any patches needed?
3.  Why aren't the libraries setup properly (i.e. missing links, missing
files)?
4.  Is Qt5 being configured properly (i.e. libraries, platforms, etc?).
5.  What am I doing wrong/what's missing?

Additional details are listed below.

Thanks again,
David

====
Broken Symbolic Links (actual .so file is missing) in /usr/lib
====
libicuuc.so.51
libEGL.so
libgthread-2.0.so.0
libasound.so.2
libsndfile.so.1
libcurl.so.5
libgobject-2.0.so.0
libexpat.so.1
libdbus-1.so.3
libmpc.so.3
libEGL.so.1
libgio-2.0.so.0
libpanelw.so.5
libgmp.so.10
libgcrypt.so.11
libQt5QuickParticles.so.5.1
libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so
libQt5QuickParticles.so.5
libQt5OpenGL.so.5
libpng16.so.16
libQt5Test.so.5
libsamplerate.so.0
====

====
build/conf/local.conf file
====
MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabrelite'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
# QT5 ADDITION
#EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = " debug-tweaks ssh-server-openssh "
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gcc g++ binutils libgcc libgcc-dev libstdc++
libstdc++-dev libstdc++-staticdev tslib-conf tslib-tests tslib-calibrate
openssh-sftp-server alsa-lib alsa-tools alsa-state alsa-utils-alsaconf tslib
evtest dbus nano git qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase-plugins qtbase-examples
cinematicexperience gstreamer cairo pango fontconfig freetype pulseaudio
dbus "
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
# END QT5 ADDITION
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '2'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 2'

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/../downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"
====

====
build/conf/bblayers.conf
====
LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BSPDIR := "${@os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(d.getVar('FILE', True)) +
'/../..')}"

BBFILES ?= ""
BBLAYERS = " \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta-yocto \
  \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra \
  ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-demos \