[meta-freescale] Using OpenCV and OpenGL together

Fikret Alim fikret.alim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 23:39:51 PST 2013

Dear Marek,

Thank you for your answer,

I will check the file you sent. I have solved the problem in a different
way, I am not sure if this is the correct way or not, but at least it
worked after this change:

I have only moved the following two lines from PlaneCreateTex function to
PlaneSetTex function.

 glTexParameterf (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
 glTexParameterf (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

Then, PlaneSetTex function will be;

void PlaneSetTex (Mat texture_data)
{
 cvtColor (texture_data, _texture_data, CV_BGR2RGB);
 //imshow("_texture_data",_texture_data);
 glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, _texture);
 glTexImage2D (GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, 320, 240, 0, GL_RGB,
GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, _texture_data.data);
 glTexParameterf (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
 glTexParameterf (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
}

With this change, now I can run Andre's gesture recognition example, and
also I have tried some GLSL shaders for image processing like sobel
detection.

But, let me ask a different question: Is there a limition for the webcam
resolution? I can only use 320x240 resolution for both Andre's example and
gpu sdk examples. If I set a higher resolution, then I get segmentation
fault error. I am sure that my webcam supports higher resolutions, since I
can get video with openCV at higher resolutions. What can be wrong? Is
there a limitation, or do I need to perform some other operations for
higher resolutions?

Thanks&Best Regards,
Fikret