[meta-freescale] Kernel 3.0.35 (fsl vs imx)

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 12 10:08:59 PST 2013

On 2013-12-12 08:22, Marco wrote:
> Hello,
> if I use only the layer meta-fsl-arm I get by default the kernel linux-fsl-3.0.35-r32-14
> if I add the layers meta-fsl-arm-extra and meta-fsl-demo I get the kernel linux-imx-3.0.35-r37-14
>
> What is the suggested version to use?

These are probably the same kernel - that recipe uses INCPR which
causes the revision (-rXX) to be incremented every time the recipe
is [re]built.  In your case, adding the additional layers probably
triggered the rebuild.

Note that there is only one linux-imx_3.0.35 recipe in all of
the meta-fsl* layers.