[meta-freescale] Regarding GStreamer-1.x status on iMX6Q

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Mon Dec 9 13:31:11 PST 2013

Try:  DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///myfile
video-sink=eglvivsink

This assumes you have X11 built and running on your machine.
egvivsink support for Wayland and rendering to framebuffer will come in
a later version.
Please also check your CPU usage. If it is much higher with some videos,
I'd like to know. There is one area where an unfortunate design
limitation of the VPU libraries (and potentially the VPU itself) can
cause this problem. I am thinking about workarounds, but its uncertain
if it can be overcome. Worst case, some videos require tweaking of one
GStreamer element property.

cheers