[meta-freescale] how to add freescale audio decoder(aac, vorbis, wma...) support in dora

Hu Richard hakahu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 21:11:54 PST 2013

Dear all:

I build dora branch for wandboard-dual.
When I run command 'gst-inspect-0.10 | grep aac'
I just see as following without any aac decoder.
audioparsers:  aacparse: AAC audio stream parser
typefindfunctions: audio/aac: aac, adts, adif, loas

When I run command 'gst-inspect-0.10 beep.imx'

I just see mp3 decoder.
Plugin Details:
  Name:                 beep.imx
  Filename:             /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_beep.so
  Version:              3.0.9
  License:              LGPL
  Source module:        gst-fsl-plugins
  Binary package:       Freescle Gstreamer Multimedia Plugins
  Origin URL:           http://www.freescale.com
beep.imx: ac3: ac3
beep.imx: 3ca: ac3
  beepdec: beep audio decoder
  beepdec.mp3: MP3 decoder
  4 features:
  +-- 2 elements
  +-- 2 typefinders

But when i use dylan branch. beep.imx is with many audio decoders.
Plugin Details:
  Name:                 beep.imx
  Filename:             /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_beep.so
  Version:              3.0.5
  License:              LGPL
  Source module:        gst-fsl-plugins
  Binary package:       Freescle Gstreamer Multimedia Plugins
  Origin URL:           http://www.freescale.com
beep.imx: ac3: ac3
beep.imx: 3ca: ac3
  beepdec: beep audio decoder
  beepdec.vorbis: Vorbis decoder
  beepdec.ac3: AC3 decoder
  beepdec.wma: WMA decoder
  beepdec.mp3: MP3 decoder
  beepdec.aac: AAC LC decoder
  8 features:
  +-- 6 elements
  +-- 2 typefinders

I have tried to install libfslcodec-aac-3.0.9-r0.wandboard_dual.rpm in
target board.
But 'gst-inspect' still can't detect aac decoder.
How do i add freescale audio decoder(aac, vorbis, wma...)  support?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Richard Hu