[meta-freescale] Using perf on a Wanboard Solo with linux-imx-3.10.9

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:48:18 PST 2013

Hi,

So I've at least made some progress, but still have some issues.

If I do run "perf record" and "perf report", I get 0.00% overhead for all
> the functions that are listed...

After
* patching imx-base.inc not to nullify PERF_FEATURES_ENABLE
* adding kernel patch to let "perf" know about openembedded's debug packages
* adding DEBUG_BUILD="1" to my local.conf
* adding debug packages to the image

I do get some actual data when I run "perf top -G" in tui mode (--stdio
still seems broken, 0.00% showing up for all symbols).

What troubles me now is that the top culprit for my Qt5 application is in
libGLESv2.so.2.0.0, and if I expand the symbol to see it's callgraph I only
see a list of raw addresses, with no apparent way of telling me what in Qt5
is calling it.

Do I need a special version of libGLESv2.so.2.0.0 compiled in some special
way in order to get a proper callstack ?

--Jacob