[meta-freescale] Qt5 using the DORA branch

Bergsma, Sake S.Bergsma at neopost.com
Wed Dec 4 07:53:20 PST 2013

I think the line DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

is needed to remove x11 and wayland

I also would suggest you to start again with a fresh build.

When I did do that it did work for me using this method:

Download the meta-qt5 layer in your sources folder:

git clone https://github.com:dora/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git

In the build/conf/bblayer.conf file add:

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt5 \

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby \             (not sure if
this one is needed)

In local.conf add:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-modules fontconfig freetype qtbase
qtbase-plugins qtbase-tools qtbase-fonts cinematicexperience"

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

bitbake core-image-minimal

I did get an error about the
sources/meta-qt5/recipes-devtools/cmake/cmake_2.8.12.1.bbappend file

and because dora has cmake 2.8.11.2 i decided to delete
cmake_2.8.12.1.bbappend to make it build.

deploy the image on your target

Start the Qt5 Demo:

Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs &

For the touch screen support in Qt:

Load your touch screen driver and:

export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS=/dev/input/event2   (adjust
to your situation)

export QT_QPA_EGLFS_HIDECURSOR=1                        (remove the
mouse cursor)

With kind regards.