[meta-freescale] i.MX6Q VPU firmware missing for core-image-basic

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Dec 4 04:13:55 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Tarek El-Sherbiny
<tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mad some progress now.
>
> core-imgae-base ---> VPU FW is included.
> core-imgae-basic ---> VPU FW is not included. !!!!?
>
> Does anyone understand why?
>
> I know that the firmware is picked up in MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS variable
> but I don't know why it affects only core-imgae-base and not
> core-imgae-basic !
>
> Hope someone could shed some light here.

core-image-base: A console-only image that fully supports the target
device hardware.
core-image-basic: A console-only image with more full-featured Linux
system functionality installed.

The image names are misleading, I agree. Please bring this to OE-Core
for discussion.