[meta-freescale] i.MX6q Boot failure using MACHINE=nitrogen6x

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Dec 3 08:40:46 PST 2013

Hi Tarek,

On 12/03/2013 08:12 AM, Tarek El-Sherbiny wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> root at nitrogen6x:~# cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes
> S:720x480p-60
> S:720x576p-50
> S:1280x720p-50
> S:1280x720p-60
> S:1280x1024p-60
> V:1024x768p-75
> V:1024x768p-70
> V:1024x768p-60
> V:800x600p-75
> V:800x600p-72
> V:800x600p-60
> V:640x480p-75
> V:640x480p-72
> V:640x480p-60
> U:720x400p-70
> D:1360x768p-60
> D:1280x720p-60
> V:640x480p-60

This looks like a pretty standard set of modes for a
4:3 aspect ratio monitor.

> root at nitrogen6x:~# cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode
> S:1280x1024p-60

This doesn't match one of the CEA modes:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/blob/boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0/drivers/video/mxc/mxc_edid.c#L41

Can you boot with this command-line argument?
	mxc_hdmi.only_cea=0

I think you'll either need that or you'll need to choose a
display resolution from the list. It appears that your monitor
and CEA both like 1280x720 at 60, though you'll likely get
letter-boxing.

Regards,

Eric