[meta-freescale] making building master-next just a little bit easier

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Fri Aug 30 12:35:46 PDT 2013

> i'm not sure i was clear either. regarding the README:
>
> * the default branch on github when you go the project is the dylan
> branch, the README contains dylan in the instructions.
> * the master branch README contains dylan in the instructions:
> ** https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform/blob/master/README
> ** right now i consider myself a user, tester, and a developer. it's a
> convenience to have 'dylan', 'master' or 'master-next' show up in the
> instructions when I select a different branch from the dropdown in
> github
> *** this is because I am lazy and forgetful ;)

It made me think that maybe, have all the command lines would be better.

all the command lines, and a description of what is what:

dylan - latest stable branch, for production

$ lalalalalalal -b dylan

master - development branch, where things happens

$ alalaalalalal -b master

master-next - test branch, for fearless, intrepid developer

$ lalalala -b master-next

But, it also made me think that maybe we are overthinking this topic =P

--
Daiane