[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm][RFC] qtbase: add xcb support for i.MX6

Juha Vuolle juvuolle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 01:25:21 PDT 2013

Hi Eric,

2013/8/29 Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com>:
> Hi Juha,
>
> Le Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:07:18 +0300,
> Juha Vuolle <juvuolle at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> Not sure where to look into next, any thoughts? Seems so close :-)
>
> may you please share your procedure to compile qt5 for xcb externaly
> as you did initially ?
> Maybe something is missing in my patch.

I mostly did as in the
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94066

I suppose the interesting part is the configure line which for me was:

./configure  -v -opensource -confirm-license -no-pch -qpa xcb -qt-xcb
-no-eglfs -no-kms -no-linuxfb -no-directfb  -opengl es2 -make libs
-make examples -device imx6 -device-option
CROSS_COMPILE=/home/j/yocto/fsl-master/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-
-sysroot /home/j/yocto/fsl-master/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x
-prefix /home/j/nx6-xcb-inst

In Qt there is actually some .pro -file checks for xcb qpa
 contains(QT_CONFIG, opengles2) {
     DEFINES += XCB_USE_EGL
        LIBS += -lEGL
        HEADERS += qxcbeglsurface.h
} else{
     DEFINES += XCB_USE_GLX
        HEADERS += qglxintegration.h
        SOURCES += qglxintegration.cpp
}

Not sure if they could play some role here. Hmm..