[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm][RFC] qtbase: add xcb support for i.MX6

Juha Vuolle juvuolle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 01:07:18 PDT 2013

2013/8/28 Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com>:
> Le Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:35:31 +0300,
> Juha Vuolle <juvuolle at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Built fine on master. Can't say if it works as there is no example
>> apps or qmake to build my own (and I ended up applying the patch on
>> 5.1.0 instead of the 5.0.2). But I did get out an image with the Qt
>> libs in place so I'll try tomorrow with my hand-built apps and cross
>> fingers for binary compatibility. The resulting libEGL.so.1 on the
>> sysroot/rootfs seems to be libEGL-wl.so i.e. wayland, is this OK?
>>
> no :-(

Ok removed the wayland from poky conf and got the libEGL-x11 in the image.

The Qt 5 widgets again work fine. Gles2 programs start but don't
render, just the title pane from the matchbox window manager. I guess
its still progress. Here is what it gives:

First start attempt:
root at nitrogen6x:~/qtapps/helloworld# DISPLAY=:0 ./helloworld
Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files.
Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 148 (Unknown), sequence: 148, resource id:
0, major code: 141 (Unknown), minor code: 20

Second and all later start attempts:
root at nitrogen6x:~/qtapps/helloworld# DISPLAY=:0 ./helloworld
Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files.
Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.
QSGContext::initialize: depth buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering errors
QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program
QOpenGLShader: could not create shader
QSGMaterialShader: Shader compilation failed:

Almost as if it would be using the wrong GL version and not getting on
with the shaders.
Some perhaps interesting picks from stracing the helloworld start:

open("/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
open("/usr/lib/libEGL.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
open("/usr/lib/libGL.so.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
open("/usr/lib/libxcb-glx.so.0", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 4

Not sure where to look into next, any thoughts? Seems so close :-)
I wonder should it really open glx and libgl too.

Thanks,
Juha