[meta-freescale] Boundary Device's wvga parallel screen touch

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Aug 28 12:25:48 PDT 2013

On 08/28/2013 12:08 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Sandoval Zazueta Francisco-B20593
> <B20593 at freescale.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I found a thread looking around on touch screen working with community
>> yocto:
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-freescale/62
>>
>> I'm trying to get touch to work with the same display on master. Did you
>> figure out the issue? I compiled the kernel with p1003 and irq_set_irq_type.
>> It compiles but touch still doesn't work.

I have no idea what a p1003 is. It's not used on our WVGA display.

>> evtest gives the following output:
>>
>> root at imx6qsabreauto:~# evtest /dev/input/event0
>> Input driver version is 1.0.1
>> Input device ID: bus 0x19 vendor 0x1 product 0x1 version 0x100
>> Input device name: "gpio-keys"
> event0 is monitors 'gpio-keys', ot the touchscreen.

gpio-keys isn't a touch-screen. It's a driver for a GPIO button board
and delivers keys POWER/HOME/BACK/VOL+-. It's mostly useful for Android
on small displays.
	http://boundarydevices.com/products/nit6x_android/

> Have you tried other eventX? Do you see the touchscreen driver to
> probe in dmesg?

Our kernel configurations have included support for this touch
screen (TSC2004) since "the beginning" of i.MX6 support:

	CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_TSC2004=y

Can you double-check your kernel config?
	zcat /proc/config.gz | grep TSC2004

You can also check for connectivity to the I2C device under
U-Boot:
	U-Boot > i2c dev 2
	Setting bus to 2
	U-Boot > i2c probe
	Valid chip addresses: 48

As shown, the TSC2004 is on I2C bus 2 (I2C3 for the hardware folks),
and is at address 0x48.

Regards,

Eric