[meta-freescale] qt5 xcb gles2

Juha Vuolle juvuolle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:44:32 PDT 2013

> > some polish
> > If you can try it and provide feedback that would help to get xcb into
> > master.
>
> Thanks appreciated.

Can't yet comment on the real XCB patch as it's still baking, have to
get back to that later.

In the meanwhile I thought I'd mention I managed to manually compile
qt5 with xcb support against the master.
There were some hurdles on the way but I got at least the Qt widget
applications running on the X (run in the default matchbox window
manager of my image).

The QtQuick2 and consequently EGL/gles2 didn't at least yet work so great:

root at nitrogen6x:~/helloworld# DISPLAY=:0 ./helloworld
Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files.
Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable.
Warning: EGL suggested using X Visual ID 33 (RGB565) for EGL config 28
(RGB444), but this is incompatable
Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 28
Could not initialize EGL
Aborted

cheers,
Juha