[meta-freescale] Xorg failing to start

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Tue Aug 27 04:34:57 PDT 2013

On 08/27/2013 03:23 AM, sujith h wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM, sujith h <sujith.h at gmail.com
> <mailto:sujith.h at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am using imx6 series sabre auto board. I am using master branch of

Please, try meta-fsl-arm with master-next.

We are testing the new GPU package that should fix several X11 issues
from master version.

So, please, use master-next to do your tests, it will help us a lot to
determinate if new GPU version can be merged on master.

>     meta-fsl-arm, poky, meta-ivi and some other layers too. While
>     building foton-image( which comes from meta-ivi), it has been
>     noticed that image is built by default with wayland. Pardon me if my
>     observation was wrong. DISTRO_FEATURES variable has wayland in it.
>     Hence I had to remove wayland from DISTRO_FEATURES( in poky.conf)
>     and rebuilt foton-image by cleaning it. The reason for removing
>     wayland is because I wanted to test X and some video supported
>     formats on the board. Even after the procedure mentioned above I
>     couldn't run X. I am getting segmentation fault while running X. I
>     am attaching the log file along with this mail. so that anyone here
>     can help me out.
>
>     xserver-xorg version is 2_1.11.4
>     xf86-video-imxfb-vivante version is - 3.0.35
>     xf86-dri-vivante version is - 3.0.35
>
>     May I know anyone here facing the same issue? And if solution to
>     this problem can be shared that would be so nice.
>

> I forgot to mention that kernel used is of version 3.8.13.

Do you know if the kernel you're using has GPU support??????

--
Daiane