[meta-freescale] qt5 xcb gles2

Juha Vuolle juvuolle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:55:25 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to build and use Qt5 with XCB plugin
additionally with OpenGL ES 2.0 support?
I'm using the nitrogen6x board.

Couple days ago I built Qt 5 against the Dylan branch and got the EGLFS
working (quite impressive performance).
Now I left the master branch baking overnight (fsl-image-gui) and was
thinking on trying to compile the Qt 5
with XCB (I took master just in case to get the latest things).

I don't mind cross-compiling qt myself i.e. not use the meta-qt5 but so far
I haven't found any reference that will it be even
possible to do (with XCB), does it have any chance to work/made to work?
I'd be very grateful for any experiences, hints, tips, thoughts.

For my somewhat unorthodox use-case it would not necessarily have to be
even really HW accelerated, for instance Mesa SW rasterizer could do the
trick as well.

cheers,
Juha