[meta-freescale] Junk install script created upon bitbake meta-toolchain

Umar Qureshey umar at janteq.com
Fri Aug 23 13:01:32 PDT 2013

Hi,
Yocto hasn't been fun so far.  It's unwieldy, hard to use, and even harder to learn.  Even LTIB made more sense.  I hope it's worth the trouble.

Anyway, I am using Dylan branch and I just did a "bitbake meta-toolchain" and this ran fine.  Then I attempted to install the toolchain on my system by going into build/tmp/deploy/sdk and I attempted to execute poky-eglibc-x86_64-arm-toolchain-1.4.2.sh but my system would error out so I opened the file and after the actual source code, it's full of binary junk.  The junk has ballooned the size of this script to 66 Megabytes.  No wonder it didn't execute.  I'm not sure why this is happening.

-rwxrwxr-x 1 lab lab 66M Aug 23 12:43 poky-eglibc-x86_64-arm-toolchain-1.4.2.sh

I am running on Fedora 17 Beefy Miracle on x86_64.

I am going to manually trim the junk out and execute the script but this is a major bug.