[meta-freescale] How to build a custom ramdisk image

Luo Zhenhua-B19537 B19537 at freescale.com
Thu Aug 22 19:03:21 PDT 2013

Hi Ivan,

"build_p3041ds_release/tmp/work/p3041ds-fsl_networking-linux/fsl-image-core/1.0-r20/rootfs" is removed when you run "bitbake fsl-image-core", and the folder will be recreated, so modification in the folder is missing.

You need to do the modification in corresponding recipe folder of the package, e.g. interfaces is in meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-core/init-ifupdown/files/.

You can rebuild the modified package to ensure the modification takes effect.
* bitbake init-ifupdown -c cleansstate
* bitbake fsl-image-core

Best Regards,

Zhenhua