[meta-freescale] Firmware-imx-dev dependancy error during bitbake core-image-base -c populate_sdk

Alagarsamy, Siva siva.alagarsamy at thermofisher.com
Mon Aug 19 07:20:39 PDT 2013

Hi,
   I am trying to build the cross compiler toolchain.  After I built the base image  using the command bitbake core-image-base. I tried to build the cross compiler environment with the command
  bitbake core-image-base -c populate_sdk

I am getting the following error

| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|  firmware-imx-dev : Depends: firmware-imx (= 1:1.1.0-r5.0) but it is not installable
| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished
| ERROR: Function failed: populate_sdk_image (see /home/dev/fsl-base-image/build/tmp/work/nitrogen6x-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.21764 for further information)
ERROR: Task 10 (/home/dev/fsl-base-image/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb, do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2952 tasks of which 2951 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

I had updated the  build/conf/local.conf  as follows

MACHINE ??= 'nitrogen6x'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_deb"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '4'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 4'
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "wpa-supplicant"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "wireless-tools"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "libstdc++"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "boost"

Thanks,
Siva