[meta-freescale] libGL error. glxgears not displaying on core-image-x11

Ashwin Kirpalani akcooper8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:55:02 PDT 2013

Running core-image-x11 on master branch. When I run linphone ( a VOIP
application) with video enabled, I get the following error:

libGL error: UNIX signal already caught!libGL error: UNIX signal already
caught!libGL error: UNIX signal already caught!ortp-error-Failed to
retrieve a framebuffer config
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  24

So it seems that libGL is not working/missing. Here is what I see for files
named "*glx*":

root at imx6qsabrelite:/# find . -iname "*glx*"
./usr/bin/glxheads
./usr/bin/glxpixmap
./usr/bin/glxdemo
./usr/bin/glxpbdemo
./usr/bin/glxinfo
./usr/bin/glxsnoop
./usr/bin/glxgears
./usr/bin/glxgears_pixmap
./usr/bin/glxswapcontrol
./usr/bin/glxgears_fbconfig
./usr/bin/glxcontexts
./usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so

So I run "glxgears" and I don't get anything on the hdmi monitor.
Previously, I remember it running on an fsl-image-gui image, but it doesn't
run on the core-image-x11 image. So seems like something is wrong with
libGL not loading right in this image? FYI, i have modified
core-image-x11.bb to include a few more packages like gstreamer and debug
tools.

$ cat ./poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/core-image-x11.bb
DESCRIPTION = "A very basic X11 image with a terminal"

IMAGE_FEATURES += "splash package-management x11-base debug-tweaks
ssh-server-dropbear"
DISTRO_FEATURES += "pulseaudio"

LICENSE = "MIT"

inherit core-image

SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "tools-testapps"

# Add extra image features
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " \
    ${SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES} \
    nfs-server \
    tools-debug \
    tools-profile \
"

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \
    packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \
    packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark \
    opencv \
    opencv-samples \
    linphone-nogtk-console \
"

So my question is: why doesn't "glxgears" work on this image?

Thanks