[meta-freescale] xvqueryadaptors returns 0 adapters - yocto dylan

Ashwin Kirpalani akcooper8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 13:15:35 PDT 2013

I compiled linphone and am running it in poky linux (fsl-image-gui) on
sabrelite. When I try to make a two-way call, I see this msg:
https://bitbucket.org/discretio/mediastreamer2/src/cc1c29fb68a1/src/x11video.c?at=default#cl-241

I have been able to trace this to the call to XvQueryAdaptors call
returning 0 for nadapters:
https://bitbucket.org/discretio/mediastreamer2/src/cc1c29fb68a1/src/x11video.c?at=default#cl-205

Here is the man page for xvqueryadaptors:
http://linux.die.net/man/3/xvqueryadaptors

As a result, I cannot display the video on the sabrelite end. Am I missing
some sort of X11 library or dependency for this to work? Should I run this
on a core-image-x11 image instead?

Thanks