[meta-freescale] MX28 Put u-boot on SPI NOR

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Sun Aug 4 06:15:41 PDT 2013

Dear Mårten Wikman,

I dunno about the Yocto ML, but usually you don't want to be top-posting in the
ML.

> I did not erase memory before I typed write, maybe this is where it's
> fails.

Yes, that is likely. You can also use ' sf update ', which is less abbrasive for
the flash (it first reads the SF, then does erase+write cycle only if the block
changed). But for the first installation of u-boot, use erase + write manually
to make sure everything is written correctly.

> I'm using MX28EVK and I have added DNP resistors from schematics, without
> them I could not get SPI NOR to work in linux. I'm going to test this
> tomorrow morning and I will keep you updated, hopefully this solves it.

OK. Make sure that you can even write the SF correctly in the first place.

[...]

Best regards,
Marek Vasut