[meta-freescale] MX28 Put u-boot on SPI NOR

Mårten Wikman marten.wikman at novia.fi
Fri Aug 2 07:45:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have compiled u-boot-imx and edited so it's using ENV_IS_IN_SPI_FLASH. If
I dd u-boot.sd to SD-CARD and boot  u-boot finds my SPI NOR and saves env
there, however I would like to be able to boot from SPI NOR instead of
SD-CARD.
What file should I write to SPI NOR? I have tried with u-boot.sb to 0x0 on
SPI NOR but all I get as output is H0x80501003. I'm using a Micron N25Q128
memory and have also tried with Winbond W25Q128. Can anyone point me in any
direction so I get this problem solved?