[meta-freescale] [WIP] Recipe for Vivante GPU Sdk

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Tue Apr 30 06:27:39 PDT 2013

In data martedì 30 aprile 2013 08:33:06, Daiane Angolini ha scritto:
> On 04/30/2013 07:25 AM, Diego wrote:
> > Looking more closely at the string gcc string there's a leftover "-I" with
> > no path which actually breaks compilation. I'll adjust the Makefiles
> > patch.

Ok, fixed that and another build issue (strangely enough
Samples/GLES1.1/Makefile.x11 tries to build 2 examples that are not there in
the package). Now the recipes compiles but doesn't install anything.

Attached are the updated recipe and patches (BTW, is there a suggested way to
propose a new recipe and its revisions?).

> Did I understand it right? Inside gpu-sdk there are 3 "samples". Each
> one has it's own Makefile, and there is no "commom" Makefile.

Yes, the "Samples" folder has 3 subfolders (GLES1.1, GLES2.0 and OpenVG) each
with its own Makefile.[fbdev|x11], but no common Makefile. Moreover OpenVG has
no Makefile.x11.

> Are you thinking about create one recipe for the "gpu-sdk" package and
> make it provides 3 "packages"?
>
> Or, are you thinking about create one recipe for each "sample"?

I'm not an expert packager, so I'm eager to receive suggestions on what's
best.

> *instalation
> I took a look on one Makefile, and if you do not define DESTDIR it will
> assume a default value for it. So, you must define DESTDIR someway.

I'm open to suggestions on where to install the result. Could /opt/vivante-
gpu-sdk/ be a good idea as they are nothing more than samples? By default the
make install puts the result in a bin/GLES11_X11 folder. The first part can be
GLES11, GLES20 or OpenVG, second part can be X11 or fbdev.

Thank for your help,
Diego