[meta-freescale] [WIP] Recipe for Vivante GPU Sdk

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Tue Apr 30 04:33:06 PDT 2013

On 04/30/2013 07:25 AM, Diego wrote:
> In data martedì 30 aprile 2013 12:14:44, hai scritto:
>> Hello everybody,
>>

> Replying to myself. Writing the previous mail popped up some ideas on my head.

<3

>> 1) Build is failing:
>>
>> I've fixed some build issues, but now I'm stuck with this problem:
>> | make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/yocto_builder/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-
>>
>> neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/vivante-gpu-sdk/1.00-
>> r0/Samples/GLES1.1/02_VertexColors'
>>
>> |  CC  VertexColors.o
>> |
>> | arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a     -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-
>>
>> abi=softfp -mfpu=neon  --
>> sysroot=/opt/yocto_builder/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x -DDEBUG -D_DEBUG -
>> D_GNU_SOURCE -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -fPIC -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
>> -fno- optimize-sibling-calls -Wall -g  -DLINUX -DEGL_USE_X11  -I
>> -I../common/inc  - MMD -c VertexColors.c -o VertexColors.o
>>
>> | VertexColors.c:18:23: fatal error: GLU3/glu3.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> I can't understand the problem, as GLU3/glu3.h is actually in ../common/inc,
>> as specified in the -I option.
>
> Looking more closely at the string gcc string there's a leftover "-I" with no
> path which actually breaks compilation. I'll adjust the Makefiles patch.

Did I understand it right? Inside gpu-sdk there are 3 "samples". Each
one has it's own Makefile, and there is no "commom" Makefile.

Are you thinking about create one recipe for the "gpu-sdk" package and
make it provides 3 "packages"?

Or, are you thinking about create one recipe for each "sample"?

*instalation
I took a look on one Makefile, and if you do not define DESTDIR it will
assume a default value for it. So, you must define DESTDIR someway.

>> 2) Not able to start devshell:
>> To debug 1) I've tried to start a devshell. I'm building on a powerful
>> remote server, so I don't have Konsole or xfterm, etc, I've got just tmux
>> in a ssh shell. When I "bitbake -c devshell" I get the following error,
>> which seems to be related to bitbake passing the wrong options to tmux.
>> http://pastebin.com/UkSkn7UV
>> http://pastebin.com/iZc1cCig
>> Anybody has this problem?
>>

> Uninstalling tmux from the system forces bitbake to use screen instead, which
> works. I'll report the problem to bitbake developers, but this is a
> workaround.

<3 (i love when people find bugs)

---
Daiane