[meta-freescale] [WIP] Recipe for Vivante GPU Sdk

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Tue Apr 30 03:14:44 PDT 2013

Hello everybody,

here I am with this alpha - rough - bad - wrong - not working - etc recipe for
Vivante GPU Sdk.

The current status is:
- waiting for Diane for tar.gz hosting, for the moment you should put it in
the files folder;
- waiting for Diane for feedback on the license, for the moment it's just
"CLOSED", which is obviously wrong, but it's just for testing;
- builds only the GLES 1.1 with X11 Samples;
- doesn't install anything;
- actually fails to build.

Aside from the known issue mentioned I'm seeking for initial guidance on what
might be wrong or badly written in the recipe and on help with the following
issues:
1) build is failing;
2) I'm not able to start a devshell.

1) Build is failing:
I've fixed some build issues, but now I'm stuck with this problem:
| make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/yocto_builder/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-
neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/vivante-gpu-sdk/1.00-
r0/Samples/GLES1.1/02_VertexColors'
|  CC  VertexColors.o
| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a     -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-
abi=softfp -mfpu=neon  --
sysroot=/opt/yocto_builder/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x -DDEBUG -D_DEBUG -
D_GNU_SOURCE -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -fPIC -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-
optimize-sibling-calls -Wall -g  -DLINUX -DEGL_USE_X11  -I -I../common/inc  -
MMD -c VertexColors.c -o VertexColors.o
| VertexColors.c:18:23: fatal error: GLU3/glu3.h: No such file or directory
I can't understand the problem, as GLU3/glu3.h is actually in ../common/inc,
as specified in the -I option.

2) Not able to start devshell:
To debug 1) I've tried to start a devshell. I'm building on a powerful remote
server, so I don't have Konsole or xfterm, etc, I've got just tmux in a ssh
shell. When I "bitbake -c devshell" I get the following error, which seems to
be related to bitbake passing the wrong options to tmux.
http://pastebin.com/UkSkn7UV
http://pastebin.com/iZc1cCig
Anybody has this problem?

I'm attaching the draft recipe and the patch. I've put the recipe in:
sources/meta-fsl-demos/recipes-graphics/vivante-gpu-sdk
and the patch and gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz in:
sources/meta-fsl-demos/recipes-graphics/vivante-gpu-sdk/vivante-gpu-sdk

Thanks to anybody who might help.
Diego