[meta-freescale] X11 hardware acceleration

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Apr 29 18:11:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Alexander Keller <alexan3 at vt.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>                 I am trying to make an application automatically boot at
> startup. I really like yocto because of the hardware acceleration over the
> X11 and qt4.8 support.
>

> I have edited the rc.local script to run the application at startup but I
> noticed that the desktop flashes right before the application starts. Is
> there a way to disable the desktop while still maintatining the X11 hardware
> acceleration?

There're many optimizations that are possible, for our customers we usually:

 * optimize the kernel drivers (as discussed in the another e-mail)
 * make a specific image for the product
 * optimize or design the init system to fulfill the boot time needs
 * in case you're in dylan, check 'mini-x-session' so you can start
your app directly

It gives you a good guidance, I think :-)

See ya

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br