[meta-freescale] enabling/disabling drivers in yocto imx6

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Apr 29 18:09:03 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Alexander Keller <alexan3 at vt.edu> wrote:
>                 I was just wondering about the drivers that are part of
> yocto. I am developing an infotainment system using the imx6 sabreARD and I
> noticed that using fsl-image-gui that the boot time takes longer because the
> kernel initaliaes many drivers that are not needed for my application. Is
> there a way enable and disable drivers to help decrease boot time?

You should start a board to customize your kernel and avoid
maintenance issues in future. Please use:

bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

and after changing the need settings save it in your custom machine
for use later. Or do it using an external toolchain so you can easily
work on the most optimal solution for it.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br