[meta-freescale] Problems with libGL and vivante

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Apr 26 09:57:23 PDT 2013

I've built X from the latest meta-fsl-arm.  When I start it up,
I get these errors from the X server:
   (EE) AIGLX error: vivante exports no extensions (/usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
   (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Whenever I run anything that uses libGL, e.g. firefox browser,
I get these additional errors (which I think are probably related):
   libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
   libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.1.0 vivante (screen 0)
   libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/vivante_dri.so
   libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so
   libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driUtilCreate)
   libGL error: unable to load driver: vivante_dri.so
   libGL error: failed to load driver: vivante
   libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
   libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so

Any ideas how to get this to work without errors?