[meta-freescale] Xorg fails to start on "test Initializing EXA" on Nitrogen6x [Was] Fixes current ...

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Apr 24 09:30:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Diego <diego.ml at zoho.com> wrote:
> For mesa-demo I cross-compiled the mesa-demo-8.0.1 (planning to move to 8.1.0
> which has been released just a couple of month ago
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/tag/?id=mesa-demos-8.1.0 ). In
> particular I built the es2 demos, which are not enabled by default in the
> Makefile:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/tree/src/egl/opengles2

How did you build them? I did try to include --enable-gles2 but these
were not build.

> For Vivante demos I mean the gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz file which is available here
> under the voice "Snippets, Boot Code, Headers, Monitors, etc.", called
> "IMX6_GPU_SDK":
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Looking forward to hear from you :-) Please send the recipe :-)

> The current status is still the same as I described here:
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-April/001963.html
> So I have white windows with mesa demos, and black windows with Vivante
> Samples.
>
> I'll try with glmark2-es2 as suggested here:
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-April/001965.html
> but I don't expect any improvement.
>
> Anybody else with the same problem on Nitrogen6x? Anybody else has results for
> these tests (I can provide binaries, if anybody asks)?

It seems windowed mode is currently broken; there's no known
workaround or solution for it yet.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br