[meta-freescale] Xorg fails to start on "test Initializing EXA" on Nitrogen6x [Was] Fixes current ...

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Wed Apr 24 07:12:09 PDT 2013

In data mercoledì 24 aprile 2013 09:30:29, Daiane Angolini ha scritto:
> On 04/24/2013 09:20 AM, Diego wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Finally good news! On a clean build I'm now able to boot and start X11
> > correctly! Thank you for your work.
>
> \o/
>
> > I'm now going to test 3D applications.
>
> Could you share how you test 3D applications?

At the moment I tested with mesa-demo (es2 demos) and vivante's own demo
sources.

Let me define the two.

For mesa-demo I cross-compiled the mesa-demo-8.0.1 (planning to move to 8.1.0
which has been released just a couple of month ago
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/tag/?id=mesa-demos-8.1.0 ). In
particular I built the es2 demos, which are not enabled by default in the
Makefile:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/tree/src/egl/opengles2

For Vivante demos I mean the gpu_sdk_v1.00.tar.gz file which is available here
under the voice "Snippets, Boot Code, Headers, Monitors, etc.", called
"IMX6_GPU_SDK":
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

The current status is still the same as I described here:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-April/001963.html
So I have white windows with mesa demos, and black windows with Vivante
Samples.

I'll try with glmark2-es2 as suggested here:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-April/001965.html
but I don't expect any improvement.

Anybody else with the same problem on Nitrogen6x? Anybody else has results for
these tests (I can provide binaries, if anybody asks)?

Bests,
Diego