[meta-freescale] user layer problem with udev_173.bbappend

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Apr 18 05:00:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM, Lewis, Nick <nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com> wrote:
>>Yes, we can use 'VAR +=' but the biggest problem is why you need to override it.
>
> Generally speaking there may be any number of reasons by a client layer may want to override something in the meta-fsl layer or another serving layer.
> 'VAR_prepend =' breaks the whole layering concept. For this reason alone I ask that it be replaced

Something in preprend is not supposed to be overriden. I also fail to
see a legitimate reason to override the server to be used. As I
explained in the other e-mail there're mechanisms for using the git
protocol thought proxy documented.

If someone sends the patch to change the SRC_URI_prepend to SRC_URI +=
I am fine to apply as it will for in same way for our use. Changing
protocol is not an option as it is a workaround and git implementation
using http is fragile.

> The details of this company are as follows:
> G4S Technology Limited, Registered Office: Challenge House, International Drive, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 8UQ, Registered in England No. 2382338.
>
> This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal and/or privileged.
>
> It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
> If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
>
> Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them.
>
> Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.

You're using an e-mail with a risky disclaimer. Please fix this or use
another e-mail to communicate with the mailing list. This disclaimer
is not something welcome in public mailing list as it impose possible
restrictions on the information shared by it. Please check it.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br