[meta-freescale] user layer problem with udev_173.bbappend

Lewis, Nick nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com
Tue Apr 16 08:12:54 PDT 2013

>> > The amendment is:
>> > $ cat ../sources/meta-nick/recipes-core/udev/udev_173.bbappend
>> > SRC_URI := "${@oe_filter_out('git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=git', '${SRC_URI}', d)}"
>> > SRC_URI_prepend = "git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=http "
>>
>>When you using the bbappend you need to think your source code will be appended in the original recipe.
>>
>>Do you really want to overwrite the SRC_URI from original recipe? I don´t know the ":=" operant, what does it do?
>>
>>Daiane
>
>Daiane
>
>Yes I want to overwrite the SRC_URI but with a slightly different url to that used in the fsl bbappend I am lead to
>believe that bbappends are applied in priority order so the fsl bbappend should be applied before mine
>
>so the url should be changed by the bbappend files as follows: tar --> git;protocol=git --> git;protocol=http

I have now tried bitbake -e udev | grep SRC_URI=
which gives

# SRC_URI=git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=http git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=git file://0001-rip-put-doc-generation-it-depends-on-a-working-docto.patch file://gtk-doc.make file://touchscreen.rules file://modprobe.rules file://default file://init file://cache
SRC_URI="git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=http git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=git file://0001-rip-put-doc-generation-it-depends-on-a-working-docto.patch file://gtk-doc.make file://touchscreen.rules file://modprobe.rules file://default file://init file://cache"

so the git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/hotplug/udev.git;protocol=git is not being filtered out
Any ideas why not?

--
Nick

The details of this company are as follows:
G4S Technology Limited, Registered Office: Challenge House, International Drive, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 8UQ, Registered in England No. 2382338.

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal and/or privileged.

It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them.

Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.