[meta-freescale] review / comments / merge protocol

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Apr 11 06:33:01 PDT 2013

It was not the first time that one merge was considered "too fast", and
that other one was considered "too slow".

In fact, we do not have a protocol, so, it was not "too fast" or "too
slow".

I know protocol may be boring. But, I believe some formalism can avoid
misunderstood.

One week after meta-fsl-arm dylan announcement I will sent a protocol
proposal. And I will give 2 weeks for voting and discussion. I believe
we need at least 10 participants in the discussion for the protocol aproval.

(do we have 10 active members in the ML?)

If you disagree we need a protocol, it's time to say it. With no
protocol, nothing can be considered "too slow" or "too fast" because
there is no way to measure it.

If you have any protocol idea, please, let me know. I will study the
review/merge protocol used in kernel, u-boot and yoctoproject, and adapt
it to our "reality".  But if you have an "easier" protocol, it's time to
say it.

Daiane