[meta-freescale] perf_3.4 do_compile error

Lewis, Nick nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com
Wed Apr 10 06:21:19 PDT 2013

The problem is experienced for bitbake fsl-image-test with MACHINE?="imx6qsabrelite"

The host system is Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. It also has ubuntu arm cross tools which I mention having read that some host system includes get used during perf arm cross

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/34214

Best Regards

Nick

________________________________

OtavioSalvador<https://community.freescale.com/people/OtavioSalvador> 10-Apr-2013 04:44<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3877> (in response to Nick Lewis<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3886>)

Please subscribe there and send an e-mail with the description of the issue, the machine you're building for and how to reproduce it.

________________________________

Nick Lewis<https://community.freescale.com/people/nicklewis> 10-Apr-2013 04:03<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3886> (in response to Henrik Jacobsen<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3885>)

Ok I will try adding meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/perf/files/define-attribute-const.patch and meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/perf/perf_3.4.bbappend with the content from Chunrong Guo and see if this resolves it

________________________________

Henrik Jacobsen<https://community.freescale.com/people/HenrikJacobsen> 10-Apr-2013 03:51<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3885> (in response to Nick Lewis<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3883>)

I see the same compile problem with perf. Decided to silently await that someone fixes it

________________________________

Nick Lewis<https://community.freescale.com/people/nicklewis> 10-Apr-2013 03:25<https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844#comment-3883>

I am experiencing an error during do_compile of perf_3.4

util/include/linux/compiler.h:8:0: error: "__attribute_const__" redefined

There appears to be a patch available to resolve this problem at https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-October/012625.html but it does not seem to have been applied to meta-fsl-arm. Can someone explain to me a possible reason why I am seeing this problem (when I assume others are not). Should I apply the patch or may there be a different cause of the problem

________________________________
Nick Lewis
nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com<mailto:nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com>
+44 1684 277137<tel:+441684277137>
www.g4stechnology.com<http://www.g4stechnology.com/>
New Challenge House, International Drive, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8UQ, UK

The details of this company are as follows:
G4S Technology Limited, Registered Office: Challenge House, International Drive, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 8UQ, Registered in England No. 2382338.

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal and/or privileged.

It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them.

Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.