[meta-freescale] USB Video webcam on wandboard dual

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Apr 8 12:42:24 PDT 2013

Hi Steven,

Le Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:30:49 -0400,
Steven Grunza <steven.grunza at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Are the necessary drivers to use a UVC USB webcam already setup to be
> built or do I need to enable them?  If I need to enable them, can
> someone point me to the correct place to do the enabling?

you may try to add
CONFIG_MEDIA_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y

meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wandboard-3.0.35/wandboard-dual/defconfig
and rebuild the kernel.

Or you can use bitbake to configure your kernel before building it
with something like :
bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel
bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel
bitbake virtual/kernel
(and bitbake your_image if you want to include the modules inside it)

Eric