[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-demos] image-fsl-test build fails when x11 feature is disabled

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Apr 2 06:56:07 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Rogerio Nunes <ronunes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Disabling x11 in my DISTRO_FEATURES and trying to build image-fsl-test I get
> the following error:
>
> | checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> | checking for ENVY24CONTROL... no
> | configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 alsa >= 0.9.0) were not
> met:
> |
> | No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

Yes; so we'll need to rework alsa-tools to allow it to be build without GTK.

> Trying to find the root cause of the error, I realized that a couple of
> things do not seem to be right.
> 1. alsa-tools should have gtk+ added to DEPENDS, as gtk+ is not optional,
> but adding gtk+ creates another problem:
> | checking for CAIRO_BACKEND... no
> | configure: error: Package requirements (cairo-xlib >= 1.6) were not met:
> |
> | No package 'cairo-xlib' found
> |
> | Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> | installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> |
> | Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CAIRO_BACKEND_CFLAGS
> | and CAIRO_BACKEND_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> | See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> | Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid
> debugging
> | ERROR: oe_runconf failed
> | ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
> /home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/build-master-poky-nox/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gtk+/2.24.15-r0/temp/log.do_configure.13382
> for further information)
> ERROR: Task 5
> (/home/freescale/Software/BSPs/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/gtk+/gtk+_2.24.15.bb,
> do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
> NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1354 tasks of which 1235 didn't need to be
> rerun and 1 failed.
> No currently running tasks (1354 of 1362)

I think you could avoid it, avoiding the GTK requirement.

> 2. Even if I remove the alsa-tools subprojects that unconditionally depend
> on gtk+ (patching alsa-tools Makefile like they do in poky already), gtk+
> reverse dependencies show me that librsvg, which gst-plugins-bad depends on,
> also depends on gtk+.

This will need to  be workedout as well; the librsvg needs to be
conditional to 'x11' distro feature.

> With this in mind, I was trying to change recipes to build gtk+ for
> linux-fb, but version 2.24.15 does not seem to support this backend.

It can work wiht DirectFB AFAIK.

> I'm thinking now that when x11 is not in DISTRO_FEATURES the right thing to
> do would be to eliminate alsa-tools from packagegroup-fsl and to disable
> librsvg from gst-plugins-bad. But before proceeding with this path I wanted
> to check for other thoughts...

Not dropping but reworking it so it can work.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br