[meta-freescale] Freescale and the linux-yocto repository?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Fri Nov 30 16:50:14 PST 2012

Hello,

I know the meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/linux-qoriq-sdk recipe pulls from
the freescale git repo, and I know that Freescale feeds kernel patches
for their powerpc SOCs upstream to the mainline.

However, it's not clear to me whether Freescale developers are or will
be submitting patches to be included in the linux-yocto kernels.

If I'm developing for QorIQ, should I care about the linux-yocto repos
other than maybe the qemuppc branch?  Is it correct to assume that I'm
not going to see Freescale specific patches in these repos before they
are submitted to the mainline?

A related question is whether I should care about the poky-extras repo?

Thanks,

Bob