[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm][PATCH] linux-imx (3.0.35): Add Boundary Devices changes for imx6qsabrelite
samoht.yrag at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:16:30 PST 2012
On 2012-11-29 08:48, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> We import the changes done in Bondary Devices tree and the defconfig
> file provided by them.
> Change-Id: I63e2d7560735586581fd13d5df60b3d5e90d73a3
> Signed-off-by: Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
This does make my touch screen work, thanks. My camera module (OV5640 based) does
not work though, but I've not researched it much yet.
A couple of comments:
* Could you put the changes under mx6q instead of imx6qsabrelite, much like the other
files/changes that are present? I ask because I have a derivative platform which has
a different name (just sabrelite - I got tired of mistyping imx6qsabrelite) and the
patch was not applied until I moved it about.
* More changes are necessary to make this useful for the target "out of the box", in particular:
- U-Boot needs to pass additional command line parameters to make the LCD panel work properly
- I use the micro-SD slot as does the BoundaryDevices setup, but U-Boot only wants to boot
from the full size SD card
- The touch screen needs some additional files/tuning for X to work correctly (the X axis
is backwards, etc)
- I'll investigate the camera soon (not top on my list yet)
- The recent changes, in particular xf86-video-imxfb-vivante, do not build under Yocto/master
which has moved to Xorg server version 1.13.
- Why is GCC not tuned for the Cortex-A9 (currently armv7a is used)? I rebuilt using
DEFAULTTUNE = "cortexa9hf-neon"
which works fine and is more in line with other Cortex-A9 platforms, e.g. PandaBoard.
I'll see about proposing patches for all of these soon
More information about the meta-freescale