[meta-freescale] P2041rdb

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Nov 24 08:09:13 PST 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM, GOPIKRISHNAN S <gopikrishnans at pec.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to customize the do_rootfs() to achieve following to alter
> files under /tmp/work/machine/image-type-version/rootfs/
> 1) I have my modules modA, modB, modC, ... and etc., in /opt
> 2) I want to create user and group `vmin`
> 3) Then chown vmin:vmin -R /opt
>
> Am I goinh in right path, or any other better solution???

The wrong; the right way is to package it in a recipe and this recipe
to work this way. You can use the useradd class to create the user and
group for the package.

This way rootfs will deploy your package as it does with others.

As a final tip, use a layer for your/your customer changes so your
maintenance work will be much easier.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br