[meta-freescale] [qoriq] shouldn't fsl-image-minimal.bb inherit image-types-uboot?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Fri Dec 28 06:49:47 PST 2012

Hi,

Working from the master branches of both poky and meta-fsl-ppc, I just
built a fresh image of fsl-image-minimal and noticed that
fsl-image-minimal-<machine>.ext2.gz.u-boot links to a non existent file.

Since ext2.gz.u-boot is one of the IMAGE_FSTYPES, I believe the intent
is to build a rootfs that is bootable by u-boot.  However, I believe
image_types_uboot needs to be inherited in the recipe.

Therefore, I modified the recipe to have:

inherit core-image image_types_uboot

Can someone from Freescale please comment on this?  Do you want the
minimal image recipe to build a u-boot bootable rootfs?  If so, I think
we want to patch the recipe.

Thanks,

Bob