[meta-freescale] QorIQ SDKV1.3: bitbake chokes on parsing package.bbclass...

Luo Zhenhua-B19537 B19537 at freescale.com
Mon Dec 24 18:38:39 PST 2012

[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] The SDK is convenient for the user who has no/limited internet access, we created corresponding tags for each SDK on git.freescale.com, fsl-sdk-v1.3 is for SDK 1.3. BTW, packages in meta-fsl-ppc-private is not published to FSL public git repository due to legal reason, we are working on moving all stuffs into public Yocto layers.

> I continue to be confused why FSL maintains two repos for meta-fsl-ppc.
>   The one on git.freescale.com is obviously ahead, but the one on yocto
> does have some recent, selective patches.
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Yocto in git.freescale.com is equivalent to each SDK release, and poky/meta-oe in this repository might not be the recent. Yocto in upstream git repository is compatible with recent upstream layers(poky, meta-oe), so meta-fsl-ppc is also updated along with update with poky/meta-oe.

> As a SW developer for QorIQ, it would be my preference that the yocto
> (BSP) repositories for meta-fsl-* were just a mirror of git.freescale.com
> and Freescale wouldn't bother to maintain a separate poky repo (just
> patch the one on yocto / OE and reference it).
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] meta-fsl-ppc in SDK and git.freescale.com is equivalent. You can checkout related tag.

> Wouldn't this be easier for everyone?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Yes.

> > BTW, what's the Linux distro and python version on your machine?
>
> FYI: I use Ubuntu 12.04.1, and Python 2.7.3
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] This Linux is in the coverage of our testing.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua